Sunday, February 11, 2007

New Year's Resolution Update

Here's where I am on my goals:

- Spend more time with my husband. Individual time...quality time. Not, let's run to the grocery store time. Spending a lot more time together...nothing important per se, but just enjoying each other's company. Some days we fall into the old pattern, but for the most part, we're spending more time together.

- Further my education. This does not have to be in the form of actual schooling, but I want to learn more about something. It doesn't even have to be school related, or degree related. I just want to enlighten myself more. Anyone have any suggestions? Still no real decision about this...however, I have looked into Graduate school.

- Focus on my health. Ah, the innevitable blip about how I do not focus enough on my health goals, and therefore every year challenge myself to do something about it. This year will be no different. At least, in the challenge that is. Hopefully, with some due dilegence, the outcome will change. Focus includes getting rid of excess weight, unwanted cough, blood pressure medicine, and crazy pills. Crazy pills would be an amazing feat....those are likely with me for life. Okay, so I've slipped on this a little bit. We haven't been to the gym in a couple of weeks, due to Ben's back issues, and other personal issues that have come up. Still play on going back - starting tomorrow. Worked in yard all weekend, which I'm sure burned a lot of calories. Most importantly, I think I'm finally getting allergy issues and other medical problems in check. After dr's appointment on Friday, I learned that I have strep throat and bronchitis, and severe allergy issues. Ahhh...fabulous. So I'm popping like 8 pills a day, trying to get rid of the issues. All due to work stress. Fabulous. The good news though: I'm getting it in check. Hurray!

- Be happier. Stop going through the motions of life and enjoy them. Take some time to stop and smell the roses. Still haven't found anything to be passionate about. Having a hard time stopping and smelling the roses.

- See friends and family more. Spend that free time seeing people that you don't normalily get to. See friends as much as possible. Visit family as much as possible. Haven't seen much of anybody recently, due to personal reasons. However, Ben and I did go out to dinner and Howl with friend the other weekend. So, definitely a strive in the right direction.

- Plan outings. Go to them. A few outings planned...all gone on.

- Eliminate something significant off that "always wanted to do list." Current ideas: make the t-shirt quilt (this could also serve as the education, since I would need both to complete this task), jump out of a plane, visit California, just to name a few. Ideas? Does killing a snake fit in that category? Not sure I've decided what to do here... However, I have learned to shoot a gun and that was on my to-do list...so maybe I've accomplished something.

- Get myself promoted and out of this current position as near as possible to September 1st. This goal is actually carried over from 2006, but can not be accomplished earlier than the September 1st date. I told myself I'd be in this position for a year...Sept. 1st will be the one year date. Okay, so I'm working significantly towards this goal now...due to various job related issues. Seems I'm having lots of issues...ah, life.

- Do not quit my job in March. Sounds silly, I know, but I have a track record of 3.5 years with a company. March 07 will be my 3.5 year mark. I don't have any intentions of leaving, and do not really want to, but it all starts out that way. If I do leave, make it worth while. Ironically, it looks as though something to this effect might happen. March 1st will be six months in my role, and I'm looking to apply in Marketing as of that mark. Which, is of course, 3.5 years from when I started with FedEx Kinko's. Doesn't really count at quitting my job unless I leave the company all together, but if I get a job in marketing, I will be working for FedEx Services, which is a different operating company - hence, new job. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

- Love more, argue less. Smile more, pout less. It's been a tough few weeks.

- Overcome my cold calling weaknesses. Great leaps in that direction. Still have a ways to go, but my boss says I'm so much more comfortable than I was before. Hmmm....

- Don't get fired. Still so far, so good. However, I've put myself out on a few limbs recently.

- Learn to love my current position. So not really working.

- Complete this list prior to December 31, 2007. I have a ways to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment