Friday, February 25, 2011

Taking the Road Less Travelled

© Anneliese Quaile

I believe in taking the road less travelled. I believe in making your own footprint, guiding your own path, creating your own destiny. I don't believe that anyone is a victim, only a victim of circumstance. My life has been filled with disappointments, shortcomings and mistreatment. My story is as sad and uplifting as anyone else's. The difference is that I have taken those life stories, lessons, and disappointments and used them as an opportunity for growth and personal development. I refuse to be a martyr, live downtrodden, tyrannized, or to feel powerless by my experiences. I would rather take the bad, learn from it, and use it to build my character. I am happy with who I am - I am strong, faithful, intelligent, and secure. I am slightly broken, but believe I am better for it. I am me. And I'm happy that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment