Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things NOT to do while you're in Atlanta...

Last week, I spent the week in Atlanta for training, and then stayed a few extra days with my gay, Paul, to see the city. I enjoyed myself...truly. We had a fabulous time. Check out the pictures that are in my profile. You'll like them.

This is not meant to be a negative message...we truly had a fabulous time. But, if you are going to go to Atlanta, and I highly encourage you do, I provide you with this warning: tennis shoes. Simple, but important. You walk everywhere in Atlanta. Your feet will appreciate it. I wish someone would have told me before I went. Appreciate my message...you will be glad. Boy, my pedicurist is going to be pissed.

When you go, don't miss the following: The Georgian Terrace Hotel (you must stay there...it's dirt cheap and the most beautiful place I've ever been in), the World of Coca-Cola, the Georgia Aquarium, CNN (warning - be prepared for the 55 minute walking tour...we were too tired for it - hence, the message about the tennis shoes), Hard Rock, a Braves game, and the Atlanta Zoo. Trust me on the Aquarium and the Zoo for those of you who live in Orlando and are tainted by the theme parks...we were SO impressed by both of them...and the World of Coca-Cola was just really cool! Oh...and May is a great time to go - the Braves are, in fact, playing, and the weather is beautiful!

All in all, I had a fabulous time and can't wait for my next work initiated trip. But...trust me on the tennis shoes. Your feet will thank you! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment