Sunday, November 19, 2006

I shot the sheriff...but I didn't shoot the deputy.

I went shooting for the first time yesterday. Ben, his dad, and I went to the Ocala National Forest and did some target shooting. The boys said I did really good for a first timer...I shot some kind of rifle, a bunch of handguns, and had a great time. Ironically, I favored the gun that had the most kick - but I guess that's kinda fitting to my personality.

I have to say, shooting has an invigorating feeling to it. I'm not dying to go out and shoot again, but I did like the feeling of knowing I had control and that I could now protect myself if someone broke in or attacked me. I plan to do some more shooting in the future and to get better at it...maybe some day I'll buy a gun (for protection, of course). Regardless, it was fun, and I had a great time, and I can't wait to do it again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment