Monday, October 16, 2006

When you try your best, but you don't succeed...

I'm exhausted. Shear utter and total exhaustion. I have hit that stage in the job where I am questioning what I got myself into. I know that's part of the "new job" change...where there's the honeymoon period, and then the "oh shit" period. I hit the "Oh, Shit" period somewhere between Cocoa Beach and Melbourne on Thursday morning. Two hours into my drive to my meeting with one of my customers (yes, I cover that area as well...I have a HUGE territory), I realized that I was exhausted....and tired...and worn out...and wondering if this was the right step for me. Now, I know that's normal...it's all a part of the new job jitters...but please, someone, keep reminding me that. I feel like I'm ready to jump ship, and I know it's only just begun.

Okay, to make sense of the above ramblings, let me step back a bit. I am on about my third week of 12 hour days. I have not left my house for more than a few hours every day in this three week period, and the walls are starting to close in on me. I also understand that as I get more into my job, I will be home less, and on the road more. But in the meantime, I'm getting tired of getting up at 8am, stumbling into my office in the next room, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, and getting to work.

I'm tired. I need a break. I need some rest. But most of all, I need to succeed. I miss my friends, I miss my family, I miss my life outside of work. Yet, succeeding and not giving into pressure are extremely important to me right now, and thus, here I am, at 8pm at night, taking a break, yes, a break, from my work day.

Pray for me...I need all the strength I can get to get past this stage of the job. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment