Tuesday, October 3, 2006

The Shit, Hath Hit'ith, The Fan...

So the bomb was dropped on the Sales department today. They are doing another realignment of our Sales team, and are making adjustments and rolling up a bunch of the team members. As one executive put it to me the other day - "there will be options, and packages." The good news - this doesn't effect me. The great news - I just realized how important my new position is to the company and I just got another raise today (well, all 106 of us did).

I don't have much sympathy for the people that are being effected right now....I just went through this same thing in June. I mean, yeah, it stinks to lose your job....but, there's no such thing as security, and changes happen in the corporate world all the time. And it's not like this is a secret....these changes have been coming since April....we just didn't know how.

So, anyway....like I said, this change does not effect me, except for the pay increase, and job security (don't read into that too much...my job is secure but as I said above, there's not really any such thing as security). An extremely odd day....wow, things are going crazy right now.

I'm super busy with the new job, so forgive me for not calling or e-mailing....you all mean the world to me...I'm just consumed by my job. I worked about 12 hours today (not expected of me) and that's an average...not to mention I was in Dallas all last week. Oh, and I found out today that I'm headed back there for another 3 days, right after Thanksgiving. I'm excited, but man, talk about an odd time to do that.

Anyway, glad I dodged the bullet on this one...God's looking out for me!

P.S. - Listening to Better Days, but the Goo Goo Dolls....what a great song!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment