Saturday, July 1, 2006

Ink it up, Ink it up!!

I got a new tattoo! I got a new tattoo!

So, in honor of my college graduation, I had planned on getting the tattoo of the lady bugs walking up my foot. However, it dawned on me that it was a sensitive place to heal, and that I would need time without a "real" shoe on. So, it's been put on hold, waiting for a long weekend or some time off.

Low and behold, it dawned on me last night that it is 4th of July weekend, and I have a long weekend. So, today, I sat in the chair for over two hours getting ink done.

The work on my foot took about a half hour, but while at the parlor, I had the artist touch up the sting ray on my back. The foot wasn't bad - I thought it would be rough, but there was actually only one tender spot (and boy was it tender!!!!) but my back hurt like a bitch! The first time I got it done, it wasn't as bad, but this time, because I had a bit of scar tissue from the work done before (not visible to the eye, but reactive to the ink), I thought I was going to pass out. Honestly, as one point, I started seeing dots and white halos, because the pain was so strong. Holy crap.... The artist was great though and was patient and understanding. He kept apologizing for how painful it was, but explained about the scar tissue. He was as gentle as possible and was really quite good with me.

Anyway, I digress....I wanted to get this particular tattoo to symbolize a good luck charm for my future. Since I lost my position within the company on Monday (not my job, just my position - see previous post) and my future is a bit less clear to me, I felt that there was no time like the present!

I love it!!!!!! It's beautiful and perfect and everything I had hoped for!

I've taken a couple pictures, but it's really fresh (only a couple of hours old) and quite puffy, so I'll post them when they look better. But trust me, they're awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment