Saturday, June 3, 2006

Changes in Attitude, Changes in Lattitude

Starting Monday the 12th, I will be at a new job. Still within the same company, but I have accepted a position working as the Disney rep, out of our Lake Buena Vista office. It's a lateral promotion, as I will be doing the same job, with the same pay, but with much more prestige. I will, however, be working with one account and one Major Account Manager, who is focused on my growth and development. She knows my goals within the company and my interests, and is willing to help me reach that goal. Holly, the MAM, is well connected and wants to develop me to keep me long term. She asked me to give her 6 months to a year to get me developed and out of that role and into a Marketing or Sales position....so, I've taken the hit by making a lateral change (with a small non-monitary promotion) in order to hopefully hit it big soon. I've been a bit negative about the move, since I didn't spend 9 years in college to be making no more money....but I also realize that realistically, I'm making good money to begin with, and new grads usually have much shittier jobs than me. I also realize that they approached me for this role, and were doing everything they could to get me into it....therefore, I realize that those out there within the company are interested in me growing. So, I'm excited. Therefore, changes in attitude, changes in latitude....nothing will be quite the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment